What is sbt-ethereum?
sbt-ethereum strives to be several tools in one:
- An interactive text-based platform with which “hobbyists” — people who are not programmers, but who are willing to devote a bit of time to learning — can interact with ethereum (and other compatible blockchains), and do so with a great deal of power and sophistication.
- A publication tool for ethereum smart contact applications, as sbt-ethereum repositories strive to be portable, and to both permit deployment of new smart contract instances and convenient interaction with already deployed smart contracts.
- For those who are (or wish to become!) programmers, a rich development environment for ethereum smart contracts
- An integration tool, which facilitates the development of high-performance Scala libraries and applications that interact with ethereum smart contracts
Go ahead and get started!
The preferred channel for casual user support is ethereum.stackexchange.com. Please use the tag
sbt-ethereum on that site.
See also the sbt-ethereum blog.
For training or more in-depth support, please contact us.
If you would like to support the continued development of sbt-ethereum, please donate to
sbt-ethereum.eth. Donations of Ether or ERC-20 tokens are greatly appreciated.
Source code for sbt-ethereum, along with several related projects, is hosted on github.
- The main project is swaldman/sbt-ethereum
- swaldman/eth-command-line is a predefined sbt-ethereum repository which can be cloned or downloaded to quickly begin interacting with the Ethereum and compatible blockchains
- swaldman/solidity-seed.g8 is a giter8 project template for users interested in developing Solidity smart contracts with sbt-ethereum. An sbt-ethereum project can be quickly generated via
sbt new swaldman/solidity-seed.g8.
- swaldman/solidity-scala-seed.g8 is a giter8 project template for users interested in integrating Solidity smart contracts with Scala programs, using “stubs” generated by sbt-ethereum. An sbt-ethereum project can be quickly generated via
sbt new swaldman/solidity-scala-seed.g8.
- swaldman/consuela is the library which implements most of the ethereum functionality that sbt-ethereum relies upon.
Many thanks to Michal Slinn, who produced an excellent earlier iteration of sbt-ethereum documentation.
This documentation site is built with Lightbend Paradox.
This whole application is built on top of sbt, which is a weird but amazing tool.
sbt-ethereum’s giter8 templates embed Paul Phillips’ sbt-launcher.
This site uses Google Web Fonts Source Sans Pro and Ubuntu Mono, and Google Prettify library for code syntax highlighting. These resources are hosted locally to protect your privacy.
“The open source fonts in the Google Fonts catalog are published under licenses that allow you to use them on any website, whether it’s commercial or personal.” Google Prettify is licensed under Apache 2.0.
Thanks especially to you for reading this far, and for using sbt-ethereum!